HAP's Vision, Mission, and Values
A Healthy Pennsylvania; recognizing economic and societal factors, the physical environment in which Pennsylvanians live and work, and individual heredity, behaviors, and dimensions of needs across one’s lifespan.
To empower hospitals and health systems as the leading advocates for improving health in their communities.
HAP carries out its mission through five core strategies:
- Advocate to improve the health of Pennsylvanians
- Convene to improve quality and patient safety, wellness, and clinical integration of health care
- Foster aligned incentives among consumers, providers, and payors
- Enhance the health care team talent pool and transform the health care workforce
- Assure that HAP has a sustainable business model
Leadership; Engagement; Inclusion and Equity; Creativity and Innovation; Continuous Improvement; Integration; Collaboration; Accountability and Transparency; Fiscal Soundness
- We respect the value of diverse approaches and recognize the power of teamwork to accomplish shared goals
- We recognize that health care is constantly changing and that we must adapt to meet the needs of our customers and the patients they serve
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of service to our members, customers, and colleagues and expect that every contact is timely, accurate and responsive to member needs
- We use our energy, skills, and resources to deliver sustainable results and continually strive to maintain our position as the leading and trusted voice of the hospital community in Pennsylvania