Current Job Opportunities
Vice President, Strategic Communications
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) is seeking candidates for the vice president, strategic communications. The position is responsible for developing the communications strategy and leading the association’s internal and external communications, including for advocacy, in consultation with management from various HAP teams and the membership. This position is critical to the association's mission.
In today’s environment, savvy social media and digital communications strategy are integral to advocacy for good public policy and in fostering the public’s understanding of hospital and health care issues. Crisp, thoughtful, timely, relevant reporting to hospital members of the association also is paramount, especially through HAP’s member digital publications. This position will require the strategic use of very sophisticated communications tactics, including:
- Utilizing all relevant digital and social media tools, optimum website and platform content creation, data analytics, and the crafting of messages that resonate with the public, policymakers, and the hospital community
- Developing strategy and delivering frequent action and content for media consumption also are important for the hospital community and will be overseen and guided by this position
- Leading and managing the HAP team and HAP-contracted vendors in several of these areas is another important part of this position. Moreover, growth of readership and engagement among the HAP membership and the public with HAP’s publications is a central mission of the position.
Candidates for consideration must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or related field; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional and management experience in communications, social media, public relations, or related field
- Health care and association experience are a plus
Additionally, candidate must possess advanced knowledge of digital communication strategies and analytics, knowledge of trade, traditional and business media outlets, and have advanced experience with the use of digital communications and social media.
EEO Employer F/M/veterans/disabled are encouraged to apply.
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania has partnered with executive search firm WittKieffer for this recruitment. Please direct all nominations and resumes to Kyle Wiederhold and April Allen, preferably via email, to HAPVPComm@wittkieffer.com. Information that cannot be sent electronically may be forwarded to Kyle Wiederhold or April Allen, WittKieffer, 3414 Peachtree Road, Suite 352, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Phone: 630-990-1370
Vice President, Health Care Research
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) is seeking candidates for Vice President, Health Care Research. The individual selected for this role will also serve as the Director of the HAP Center for Health Policy Research.
This position will lead HAP’s efforts to use data and analytics to provide strategic thought leadership to:
- Assess the impact on members of current and emerging policies and market trends
- Identify emerging health care market and policy scenarios
- Support HAP in the development of new policy and regulatory proposals to support member success in a changing environment
This leader is responsible for directing research and analysis of complex data to develop meaningful and easily understandable information that proactively supports and influences HAP’s state and federal advocacy work.
This position requires a significant understanding of health care finance, data mining strategies and analytical skills, and the ability to use information to clearly tell a story. The production of the research findings and thought leadership will help HAP educate members, policymakers, the media, and the public. This leader will direct research studies, analyses, and surveys that will serve as the basis for new policy initiatives and support initiatives that are responsive to existing issues (e.g., market conduct, quality and safety, clinical and financial integration, etc.) that affect the membership or the health status of individuals and communities they serve.
Candidates for consideration must have a Master’s Degree in public policy, business administration, health care administration, finance or similar discipline; Ph. D. is preferred. Individual should have a minimum of seven years in hospital economics, health care finance, policy research, or health care consulting experience and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience leading a team is desirable. Association experience is a plus. Additionally, experience leading cross-functional data management programs involving the coordination with multiple stakeholders, supervising survey research analysis, designing and implementing analytic approaches, experience with both qualitative and quantitative research analysis, and experience presenting both verbally and visually sophisticated analyses to a variety of audiences are required.
EEO Employer/F/M/Veterans/disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send your resume to Kim McCoy or mail to: The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania, ATTN: Kim McCoy, 30 North Third Street, Suite 600, Harrisburg, PA 17101