Current Job Opportunities
Vice President, Strategic Communications
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) is seeking candidates for the vice president, strategic communications. The position is responsible for developing the communications strategy and leading the association’s internal and external communications, including for advocacy, in consultation with management from various HAP teams and the membership. This position is critical to the association's mission.
In today’s environment, savvy social media and digital communications strategy are integral to advocacy for good public policy and in fostering the public’s understanding of hospital and health care issues. Crisp, thoughtful, timely, relevant reporting to hospital members of the association also is paramount, especially through HAP’s member digital publications. This position will require the strategic use of very sophisticated communications tactics, including:
- Utilizing all relevant digital and social media tools, optimum website and platform content creation, data analytics, and the crafting of messages that resonate with the public, policymakers, and the hospital community
- Developing strategy and delivering frequent action and content for media consumption also are important for the hospital community and will be overseen and guided by this position
- Leading and managing the HAP team and HAP-contracted vendors in several of these areas is another important part of this position. Moreover, growth of readership and engagement among the HAP membership and the public with HAP’s publications is a central mission of the position.
Candidates for consideration must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or related field; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional and management experience in communications, social media, public relations, or related field
- Health care and association experience are a plus
Additionally, candidate must possess advanced knowledge of digital communication strategies and analytics, knowledge of trade, traditional and business media outlets, and have advanced experience with the use of digital communications and social media.
EEO Employer F/M/veterans/disabled are encouraged to apply.
The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania has partnered with executive search firm WittKieffer for this recruitment. Please direct all nominations and resumes to Kyle Wiederhold and April Allen, preferably via email, to HAPVPComm@wittkieffer.com. Information that cannot be sent electronically may be forwarded to Kyle Wiederhold or April Allen, WittKieffer, 3414 Peachtree Road, Suite 352, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Phone: 630-990-1370