Now is the time to catch up on your health care
Routine testing and exams and other preventive health care is important and can prevent more serious health issues in the future.
Pennsylvania’s hospitals are ready to answer your questions, and to care for your medical needs—from routine health tests and screenings, to scheduled surgeries, to other preventive care procedures—that may have been delayed because of the pandemic.
Here are some of the things that hospitals and health systems, and other health care providers in Pennsylvania, are doing to keep you safe from exposure to COVID-19:
- Taking everyone’s temperature
- Limiting visitors
- Asking everyone to wear a mask
- Asking about any possible exposure you may have had to people with COVID-19
- Testing for COVID-19 before some procedures
- Having patients check in by phone from their car
- Staggering appointments
- Increasing the frequency of deep-cleaning high-traffic areas
- Maintaining social distancing
- Removing magazines and other shared items from waiting rooms
- Reminding everyone about hand washing