Staff Supporting Staff (SSS) Poster, COVID-19
This one page infographic can be shared electronically, at staff meetings, or posted in areas of high visibility such as staff lounges and/or bathroom stalls (stall talk). Modeling this stress management approach at all levels will demonstrate the positive impact it can play.
Other action items to consider:
- Post/share a list of internal resources for staff to access such as an employee assistance program (EAP), financial advice (if available), and any other supportive services that are available
- The CDC offers support for health care workers 24/7 to help with anxiety and stress. The number to the “National Crisis Distress Hotline” is:
1-800-985-5990 or Text “Talkwithus” to 66746
- Offer healthy snacks to staff to boost morale and resilience
- Have debriefing huddles (limit time as needed) to give staff an avenue to share their concern and share positive stories
- Seek out staff champions that will foster positive/solution oriented talk among staff
- Monitor staff for burnout and exhaustion
- Share who you are pairing up with
Contact Beth Murray, HAP readmissions project manager, for any questions or comments.
Topics: Emergency Preparedness
Revision Date: 4/2/2020
Return to Previous Page