When We Talk about Opioids
Dates: August 8, 2019 - 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Registration Deadline: August 02, 2019
Pennsylvania’s hospitals are on the cutting edge of research and collaborative solutions to address the opioid epidemic, but are we striking the right tone when we discuss it? Are we shying away from digging deeper due to feelings of guilt or stress as a result of public perception about clinicians’ roles in overprescribing? How do we talk about the incredible progress hospitals are making, while remaining compassionate to the incredible loss from drug overdoses?
Pricing Details: No charge
Join us for When We Talk about Opioids, an hour-long session during which medical and communications experts will help hospital communications and clinical staff:
- Assess the current state of coverage of the opioid crisis
- Operationalize terminology to build a shared understanding of key vocabulary
- Address issues related to guilt that some individuals feel when discussing opioids
- Work on strategies to encourage open and honest conversations that foster dialogue about the tragedy of the opioid crisis, as well as the barriers to finding solutions
- Describe the goals of the Opioid Learning Action Network to help tell the next chapter of this story
This program will be facilitated by Charles F. Barbera, chair, department of emergency medicine, Tower Health, and Rachel Moore, HAP’s director, media relations.
Although this webinar is free of charge, you must register to attend.
Registration deadline is August 2.
How the Webinar Will Work
There is no limit to the number of staff from your office per connection who can tune in to the seminar via speakerphone and computer. Enjoy the benefits of attending a live conference without having to leave the office.
Upon receipt of registration, confirmation will be emailed to the registrant. Dial-in instructions will be emailed to each registrant’s email address approximately 48 hours prior to the program, including information on how to obtain handout materials for the conference. If you do not receive an email by this date, please email HAP_Education_Services@HAPonline.org.
Please register only one name per connection.
For registration information, or if you need special accommodations, please contact HAP Education Services at (717) 561-5270.