Population Health Forum - Working Together to Reduce Disparities through Care Coordination
Dates: April 27, 2018 - 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Location: Dixon University Center
Registration Deadline: April 19, 2018
Population health initiatives can take many forms and serve a variety of patients. This event is designed for clinicians and health care leaders to engage in conversations with industry experts and learn of interventions that are leading to improvements in health.
This initial forum will focus on the social determinants of populations, health equity, the challenges of caring for an aging population, and wellness promotion to delay or prevent the onset of chronic disease complications.
Join us for the opportunity to network and learn from your colleagues and national experts on how to best care for patients.
- Define and demonstrate knowledge of health equity, health inequalities, and social determinants of health
- Identify the challenges and learn how to care for an aging population
- Implement proactive interventions to improve long-term health through health and wellness promotion
- Gain strategies of improving care while reducing costs of a Medicare population
8:00 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Introduction and Pennsylvania State View
- Robb Shipp, Vice President, Population Health Strategies, The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
9:00 a.m. Social Determinants of Populations
- Chris Espersen, Consultant, Chris Espersen Consulting
10:00 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Health Equity and Reducing/Eliminating Health Disparity
- David Saunders, Director of Health Equity, Pennsylvania Department of Health
11:15 a.m. ACO Panel
How ACO’s are focusing on care coordination, dual eligible, improving and taking away healthcare disparities
- Moderator: Rob Shipp, Les Duncan
12:30 p.m. Lunch
1:15 p.m. Trends and Innovations – Challenges of Caring for an Aging Population
- Brian Duke, System Director, Senior Services, Main Line Health
2:15 p.m. Health Promotion and Wellness
3:15 p.m. Adjourn
Pricing and Registration Information
$199 HAP Member Fee
$399 Non-Member Fee
Fee includes continental breakfast and group luncheon.
Registration Cancellation Policy
No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after April 18. There is a $50 administrative fee on all cancellations. Cancellations must be received in writing. No refunds will be issued for no-shows. Substitutions are permitted.
The registration deadline is April 19.
For registration information, a list of overnight lodging, or if you need special accommodations, please contact HAP Education Services at (717) 561-5270.